approx. 4 hours【available year-round】
Take a short taxi tour along the best sightseeing spots in Suwa.
- Learn about the Japanese religion Shinto at the impressive Suwa Taisha Shrine
- Wander around the castle grounds of the "Floating Castle of Suwa"
- Learn how Japanese sake is made and the differences between sake during a brewery hopping tour
Pick-up offered at Kamisuwa Station or any hotel or other location within the Kamisuwa area. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
The tour starts at 9:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Suwa Taisha Shrine (duration: 30m)
Suwa Taisha, or the Suwa Grand Shrine, is one of the oldest shrines in Japan and is the head shrine of over 10,000 Suwa Shrines scattered nationwide. Visit the shrine to learn more about Shinto, Japan's unique religion. For those interested in experiencing a real Shinto ceremony, please inquire when you book (ceremony fee not included in tour).
● Takashima Castle (duration: 30m)
Also known as the “Floating Castle of Suwa”, Takashima Castle was originally built on a peninsula that extended into Lake Suwa in 1592. With a beautiful castle garden, a visit to Takashima Castle is highly recommended (especially in spring or autumn)
Admission ticket not included.
● Suwa Gokura Brewery Tour (duration: 2h)
Get the ultimate sake tour by visiting the Suwa Gokura, a group of 5 local sake breweries with each their own characteristics. Get an understanding of how sake is made and try out several types of sake at each of the breweries to see what the differences are between their own produced sake and between the various breweries.
Tasting fee included.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.