“Your Name” Tour
approx. 3 hours【available year-round】
Discover Suwa, the region on which part of the fictional rural town of Itomori was based.
- Learn about the Japanese religion Shinto at the impressive Suwa Taisha Shrine
- Visit a local sake brewery and participate in a guided tasting session
- Experience the movie by looking at the amazing scenery of Lake Suwa from Tateishi Park
Pick-up offered at Kamisuwa Station or any hotel or other location within the Kamisuwa area. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
Please choose from 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Suwa Taisha Shrine (duration: 30m)
Suwa Taisha, or the Suwa Grand Shrine, is one of the oldest shrines in Japan and is the head shrine of over 10,000 Suwa Shrines scattered nationwide. Visit the shrine to learn more about Shinto, the Japanese religion that plays a vital part in the lives of Mitsuha and her family. For those interested in experiencing a real Shinto ceremony, please inquire when you book (ceremony fee not included in tour).
● Sake Brewery Masumi (duration: 30m)
Stop by Suwa's famous sake brewery Masumi, established in 1662 during the Edo period in Japan, and try out several types of sake during a tasting session. Get an understanding of how sake is currently made, and see how it differs from the "saliva sake" (kuchikamizake) made by Mitsuha that Taki drank in the movie, which was one of the earliest types of Japanese alcoholic drinks.
Tasting fee included.
● Tateishi Park (duration: 30m)
Head up to Tateishi Park from where you can get the most spectacular view of Lake Suwa and the Suwa area. Being in the park will feel like being in the movie as this scenery was the inspiration for the huge lake of Itomori. Definitely a must-visit location for Your Name fans!
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.