Kamikochi & Norikura Nature Tour
approx. 9 hours【available: July - Oct.】
Explore Matsumoto's top-rated nature spots in one day with this private taxi tour.
- Easy and quick access to the best nature spots of the Japan Alps
- Go on a hike in Japan's leading mountain resort Kamikochi
- Admire the breathtaking scenery on the top of Mt. Norikura from an altitude of 2,700m
Pick-up offered at Matsumoto Station or any hotel or other location within Matsumoto City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
The tour starts at 9:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Kamikochi (duration: 2,5h)
Located amid the Japan Alps, Kamikochi is a natural paradise and Japan's leading mountain resort. Follow the hiking trail along the crystal-clear Azusa River and pay a visit to the Hotaka Shrine that's hidden away in the forest. Near the area's iconic Kappa Bridge, you'll also find a variety of restaurants and souvenir shops where you can eat lunch and do some shopping.
Lunch is not included.
● Norikura (duration: 1h)
Go all the way to the top of Mt. Norikura at an altitude of about 2,700m. The view from the mountain is breathtaking, especially in autumn when the landscape below is ablaze with colorful trees. Do some light hiking to get to the top of Mt. Mao for a spectacular panoramic view of the area.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.