Matsumoto Castle & Daio Wasabi Farm Tour
approx. 4 hours 【available year-round】
Visit the famous Matsumoto Castle, the Daio Wasabi Farm and the Ukiyo-e Museum with a private taxi.
- Visit the famous Matsumoto Castle, the oldest existing 5-story castle in Japan
- See how wasabi is made at the largest wasabi farm in the world
- Admire the ukiyo-e (woodblock prints) of Japan's greatest masters such as Hokusai
Pick-up offered at Matsumoto Station or any hotel or other location within Matsumoto City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
Please choose from 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00. For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
Tour is unavailable on Mondays.
● Matsumoto Castle (duration: 1h)
Step into Matsumoto Castle, which is designated as a National Treasure. As you make your way past all floors (including an "invisible" one!), there are many displays with samurai armors, old weaponry and more that teach you about the castle's long history. Once you get to the top, you'll be met with a spectacular panoramic view of Matsumoto City.
Admission ticket included.
● Daio Wasabi Farm (duration: 40m)
Watch how Japan's most famous spice is grown. The Daio Wasabi Farm is the largest farm in the world, with over. Try out wasabi-flavored food and drinks such as wasabi ice cream, beer or chocolate. huge variety of wasabi-related products are sold in the shop, perfect as a gift or souvenir.
● Ukiyo-e Museum (duration: 40m)
With over 10,000 prints, this privately-owned museum holds the largest collection of ukiyo-e (woodblock prints) in the world. Learn about the intricate process behind making woodblock prints and admire the works of Japan's greatest masters such as Hokusai, Hiroshige and Kuniyoshi. Around 50 prints are on display at any time, but the theme of the exhibition is changed every few months so that there is always something new and exciting to see.
Admission ticket included.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.