Matsumoto Sakura Tour
approx. 3 hours【available: April】
A short taxi tour taking you to the most beautiful cherry blossom sightseeing spots in Matsumoto City.
- Travel easily and comfortably in your own private taxi
- Explore the ultimate cherry blossom paradise at Mt. Kobo
- Visit the famous Matsumoto Castle, the oldest existing 5-story castle in Japan
Pick-up offered at Matsumoto Station or any hotel or other location within Matsumoto City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
Please choose from 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Susuki River (duration: 15m)
Take a short stop at the Susuki River, where dozens of cherry blossoms from a magnificent row of pink. The snow-covered Japan Alps surrounding Matsumoto create a beautiful contrast to the color of the flowers.
● Mt. Kobo (duration: 30m)
With a whopping 4,000 trees (!) planted all around, Mt. Kobo (Koboyama) turns into a mesmerizing pink paradise in spring. The top of the mound is great for taking panoramic photos of the cherry blossoms with Matsumoto City and the mountains in the background.
● Matsumoto Castle (duration: 1.5h)
Step into Matsumoto Castle, which is designated as a National Treasure. As you make your way past all floors (including an "invisible" one!), there are many displays with samurai armors, old weaponry and more that teach you all about the castle's long history. During spring, the cherry blossoms in the castle park and garden bloom beautifully, adding another layer to this must-visit sightseeing spot.
Admission ticket included.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.