Norikura Autumn Leaf Tour
approx. 6 hours【available: late Sep. - mid-Oct.】
Witness the most spectacular autumn scenery in Norikura, where vibrant yellow, orange and red autumn leaves turn the landscape into a wonderful sea of colors.
- Easy access to one of Nagano's most beautiful nature spots
- Admire the blazing autumn colors of Norikura's mountainous landscape
- Stop at the best photo locations to get the perfect shot
Pick-up offered at Matsumoto Station or any hotel or other location within Matsumoto City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
The tour starts at 9:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Norikura Kuraigahara ~ Norikura Tatamidaira (Mountain Top) (duration: 2h)
Head into the Northern Japan Alps to Norikura, one of the best places to enjoy nature and, in particular, the autumn season. Start your journey through the wonderful autumn landscape at Norikura Kuraigahara where you'll find green, yellow and orange colors creating a stunning contrast. While stopping along the way to take photos, gradually make your way to Norikura's mountain top area at an altitude of 2,700 meters, from where you get a panoramic view of the Japan Alps and can look down at the stunning sea of autumn foliage below you.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.