approx. 6 hours【available: April - Nov.】
Take in Nagano's beautiful landscape by hiking in the Utsukushigahara Highlands. While buses are infrequent, our taxi will take you there comfortably and you can take in the beautiful nature to your heart's content.
- Hike leisurely across the vast planes of Utsukushigahara Highlands, rising 2,000m above Nagano
- Get a stunning panoramic view of the Japan Alps mountain range
- Experience the unique art exhibition at Utsukushigahara's Open-Air Museum
Pick-up offered at Matsumoto Station or any hotel or other location within Matsumoto City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
The tour starts at 9:00 or 12:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Utsukushigahara Highlands (duration: 1h)
True to its name, the Utsukushigahara ("beautiful field") Highlands is a vast landscape perfect for a relaxing hike. Ring the bell at the bell tower, which used to guide climbers during times of thick fog.
● Utsukushigahara Open Air-Museum (duration: 45m)
Discover this unique museum without walls where 350 modern artworks are exhibited outdoors at an altitude of more than 2,000 meters. (*Admission ticket included.)
The tour ends at your original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.