Short Snow Monkey Tour
approx. 4 hours【available year-round】
Visit Nagano's iconic onsen-loving snow monkeys!
- See the famous snow monkeys bathing in the hot spring with your own eyes
- Get up close to take the perfect shot of this unique phenomenon
- Travel easily and comfortably in your own private taxi
Pick-up offered at Nagano Station or any hotel or other location within Nagano City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
Please choose from 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park (duration: 2h)
Head into the mountains to visit the famous Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park. After walking for about 30 minutes along an unpaved dirt path, you'll reach the natural hot spring where dozens of snow monkeys gather to bathe in the warm water. Get a close-up look of the monkeys as they roam around the area freely.
Admission ticket not included.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys. As there are no barriers in the park, please ensure a distance of 1~2 meters between yourself and the monkeys.
- Keep in mind that the monkeys are wild animals and there is a possibility that they might not come down to the park or enter the hot spring.
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking, including to/from the Snow Monkey Park along a 1.6km (1 mile) unsealed forest trail. Make sure your footwear is appropriate and you are dressed accordingly for the season.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.