Short Togakushi Tour
approx. 4 hours【available: late April - mid-Nov.】
Head into the mountains to for a short visit to Nagano's most important spiritual power spot, Togakushi.
- Go on a spiritual journey to Okusha, one of the five Togakushi shrines
- Wander through a forest filled with giant cedar trees
- Watch how the beautiful scenery is reflected in the "Mirror" Pond
Pick-up offered at Nagano Station or any hotel or other location within Nagano City. For departure points outside of this area, please fill in the departure point on the reservation form and we'll confirm if pick-up is possible.
Please choose from 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00.
For a different departure time, please inquire about the possibility when you book.
● Kagami Pond (duration: 30m)
Literally named "Mirror" pond, the calm surface of Kagami Pond reflects its surrounding scenery as beautifully as if it were a mirror. While the view is amazing year round, it's especially stunning during the autumn season.
● Okusha Shrine (duration: 1.5h)
The most famous of the 5 shrines, the Okusha (Upper) Shrine is hidden in a thick forest at the base of Mt. Togakushi. Make your way through the forest along a path lined with giant cedar trees and feel the energy of this power spot as you climb up the slope to reach the Okusha Shrine.
The tour ends at the original departure point.
Want to connect with the local community and learn more about Japan?
We offer the option of having a local volunteer accompany you on selected courses free of charge. Our English-speaking volunteers would love to show you around and tell you all about the places you'll visit. If you'd like to have a volunteer join you during your trip, please select the option on the reservation form (subject to availability).
- Reservation confirmation will be received within 72 hours of booking.
- Infant seats are available.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Changes to the tour schedule are not possible on the day of travel. If you have any questions or need to make changes, please contact us in advance.
Payment for the tours must be made online in advance via a credit card. We will send you a link to complete the payment once we've confirmed the tour's availability. If the payment is not completed one day before the scheduled departure date, the reservation may be cancelled.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure date. If you cancel within 2 days prior to the departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.