Jun 23, 2020
ALPICO Group’s Measures Against COVID-19 in our Hotels
During the past few months, several of our hotels and in-house restaurants were closed due to COVID-19. Currently, our Western-style hotels Hotel Buena Vista and Ace Inn Matsumoto as well as our Japanese-style hotels Shoho and Suhaku have resumed operation. Our other hotels, Kamikochi Lemeista Hotel and Alpico Plaza Hotel, will reopen in late July.
To ensure a safe and clean environment in our hotels and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following measures:
- Have employees undergo a health check before starting their shift
- Have employees wear face masks
- Provide alchohol-based hand sanitizers
- Provide adequate ventilation in the hotels' public spaces, guest rooms, etc.
- Implement enhanced disinfection of frequently touched areas such as door handles, etc.
- Installed clear plastic panels at the front desk and bell desk
- Temporarily stopped offering to escort guests to their rooms
(if requested, staff will bring your luggage up to your room separately)
- Verbally confirm guests' health when checking into the hotel or entering a restaurant
Aside from the above, restaurants will resume service with these additional actions:
- Place tables and seats further apart to ensure enough distance between guests
- Wear gloves in addition to face masks
- Implement enhanced disinfection of cutlery and other items used within the restaurant
- Offer a set menu instead of a buffet-style menu
Furthermore, additional measures will be implemented regarding each hotel's unique facilities such as limiting use of the public hot springs at Shoho and Suhaku to overnight guests only. We'll continue to monitor the situation around COVID-19 and take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.